A Smile to Remember in La Carpio


I met this young man in Registration with his mother.  When I asked him what his concern was about his vision, he wouldn't speak and would not look up at me.  After a few unsuccessful attempts to get a response, I asked his mother if he could speak and she replied "retardado" which means retarded.
I was fortunate to have been passing by the dispensary and noticed him with Myra.  I went over to ask Myra what was the result of his eye exam and she said that he needed some distance glasses.  Myra was sorting through the box to find the right size of frame with his prescription and I waited to see his reaction....
He was so happy and everytime his mother asked him if he could see, if he was happy with his glasses he would nod his head repeatedly with this big beautiful smile, and the best part was that he looked up at me to take this photo.  I wish you could have seen him Rodger and Robert!!! I was thinking of you guys.  We gave him 3 pairs.
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment