NO PRESSURE....

My Day One Clinic - La Carpio, San Jose - Costa Rica. The Costa Rica Humanitarian Foundation Founder - Gail Nystrom gave a us mini tour of La Carpio which is a barrio that houses displaced Nicaraguans. A very low income barrio. 
I found a great sense of community in this area. We serviced about 400 people today and I found them patient, calm and appreciative. 
Here I thought I was only going to work registration. But Marina threw me into the ring and had me working Visual Acuity Testing. I was so nervous because it has been stressed so many times that Visual Acuity is very important in the Doctor’s prescribing the correct eye prescription. NO PRESSURE!!! 😳😳After awhile I was getting the hang of it even when my Spanish totally sucked!!😂 However the highlight of my day was of course working with the children. The beautiful smiling faces of these children lit up the rooms we were working in. The ability to assist our doctors in aiding for better sight for these children certainly warmed my heart. What a blessing to work with a great team and with beautiful people. #twecs #twecscostarica2018

Precy Koo, Daycare Owner, BC





No comments:

Post a Comment